(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
This morning, two of my friends and I got together for breakfast. We all went to music school together and don’t see each other often so every now and then we make it a point to get together. It’s usually always at a restaurant or something like that, but this time, we decided to make breakfast together. We all planned to cook something and it was such a fun time. And I discovered something amazing: breakfast pizza.
How have I never tried this before? I absolutely love pizza and this was the combination of two of my favorite foods, pizza and breakfast! When one of my friends suggested I make it, I spent some time on Pinterest searching for a good recipe and ended up going with a combination of a few. Think how amazing, a toasty pizza crust, with scrambled eggs mixture, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, topped with bacon, fried eggs and fresh parsley. Mmm, yum. I’ll definitely be making this again for Mikey and I.
- 1 pizza dough (I used Betty Crocker instant pizza mix, but you can use your favorite)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 lb bacon,, diced and cooked until crispy
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prepare whichever pizza dough you are using it and spread over a pizza pan or a large cookie sheet covered in foil and greased. Tip: roll an edge around the crust to keep the mixture from falling out later.
- Evenly spread mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the dough. Whisk the eggs and milk until blended, pour on pizza dough, being careful not to spill over (just wipe with paper towel if it does).
- Top with a bit more cheese and diced bacon. You can either add the eggs for a fried egg now and have it baked, or let the pizza cook completely and prepare your fried eggs in a skillet (I chose the latter). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and eggs are cooked thoroughly.