Moist and fluffy Carrot Cake Waffles. filled with sweet raisins, crunchy walnuts and topped with a perfectly sweetened cream cheese drizzle. These are the perfect way to eat cake for breakfast! A simple, festive recipe for Easter Sunday Brunch!
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. all spice
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tbsp. raisins
- 3 tbsp. chopped walnuts
For the glaze:
Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and a splash of milk until it is your desired consistency. Set aside.
For the waffles:
- Grate the carrots. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and all spice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients and whisk again until no lumps remain.
- Add in the carrots, raisins and walnuts. Give it a quick mix to combine and then let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- When your waffle maker is preheated, grease it and add 3-4 tbsp of batter if using a mini waffle maker.
- Let it cook until golden brown (usually around 2-3 minutes). Remove from waffle maker and glaze!
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: breakfast, carrot cake, waffles, easter