- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 medium sized carrots, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 box of vegetable stock
- salt & pepper, to taste
- optional for a kick: hot sauce, chili powder or red pepper flakes
- Pour the vegetable oil in the bottom of a large soup pot and spread around the surface. Heat the oil until it bubbles on high and then bring down to low heat.
- Saute the onions in the oil for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Add carrots and cook for another 2-3 minutes, adding little bits of water at a time if it is starting to stick or burn. Stir in the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add the sweet potato and vegetable stock and then simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the veggies are soft.
- Puree in a food processor or with an immersion blender until smooth. Season to taste and enjoy!
Keywords: soups, dinner