Use Texas Pete® Hot Sauce to make easy and delicious spicy taquitos.
- 1/4 cup Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce
- 2 jars Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa (or Texas Pete® Salsa)
- 3lb chicken breast
- Flour Tortillas
- Favorite toppings such as queso, sour cream, guacamole…
- In an electric pressure cooker, add the chicken and 2 jars of salsa.
- Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes (or 45 minutes if they’re frozen breasts).
- When that is done, do a quick release of steam and open the pressure cooker. Add in the hot sauce. Stir to mix with the salsa and coat the chicken breasts.
- Remove the breasts from the sauce and shred with two forks. Add back into the sauce and stir again to coat it all in sauce.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and set aside. Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- To assemble: Take a tortilla and brush one side with butter, flip it over so the butter side is on the outside now. Fill with chicken and then roll it up tightly.
- Be sure to drain some of that juice from the chicken so you don’t add up with soggy tortillas.
- Once they’re rolled up, place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip and 5-7 minutes on the other or until golden and crisp. If they’re not crisping up well, turn on the broiler. But watch them! It only takes a minute before they burn.
- Serve immediately with a side of sour cream, guac, queso, salsa and another drizzle of hot sauce!