2.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
flaky sea salt or kosher salt for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk or paddle attachment (or simply use a hand mixer). Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add the flour mixer and blend on low until the flour is incorporated. Then beat on high for a few seconds. Add in the chocolate chips and beat a few seconds more until they’re incorporated.
- Using a 2 tablespoon dough scooper (or just a large spoon), scoop onto your prepared baking sheet. Don’t flatten them. Lightly sprinkle with flaky sea salt or kosher salt.
- Bake them until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 1 minute then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool (but eat them warm because that’s the best!!)
- Category: cookies
Keywords: cookies, chocolate, dessert