Mascarpone Dark Chocolate Chip Loaf is perfect for dunking in coffee. Dense vanilla cake, loads of chocolate, a perfect crumb. This one is perfect for breakfast or dessert!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mascarpone, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two loaf pans (or one Bundt pan).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), cream the eggs and sugar for 2-3 minutes until pale, creamy and whipped. Add in the mascarpone and keep whipping until it’s all creamy. Add the milk, butter, and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add into the wet ingredients and FOLD into the batter gently until fully combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and fold again until evenly distributed.
- Pour into the prepared baking pans and bake for 40-50 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven, let them sit in the baking pan for 5 minutes or so then invert on a wire rack to fully cool.
- Once cool, wrap in plastic wrap or store in a Ziplock. This will preserve the texture. If you make it into a Bundt Cake, keep inside a cake dish, covered.
- Category: dessert, breakfast
Keywords: dessert, breakfast