A personal sized rich and delicious chocolate bundt cake… no one would believe you when you say it all starts with a boxed cake mix! Homemade easy fudge icing makes this a WOW dessert!
For the cake:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4oz bittersweet or dark chocolate
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- boiling water
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease your mini Bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Add your boxed cake mix into a bowl. Add the amount of eggs and oil it calls for. Replace the water with milk. Lastly, add the pudding mix (just the powder!) and chocolate chips.
- Beat on medium until well combined and it’s thick!
- Pour into the mini Bundt cake molds (use a Ziploc as a piping bag to make it easier– how to is in the post!).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. You want to make sure to remove them as soooon as they’re done and not a minute later so they remain really soft!
- Invert on a wire rack to cool.
For the fudge icing:
Make sure you’re ready to frost, because as soon as you make this, you need to use it. It’ll set too quickly so you can’t let it sit there too long.
- Place a little cup of water in the microwave and heat until boiling.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring often.
- As that is melting, sift the powdered sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- Once the chocolate and butter are fully melted and combined, add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and stir.
- You’ll need water to thin it out, so add it a teaspoon at a time until it’s still thick, but a pourable consistency (this is how I like it, but if you prefer a thinner icing, just keep adding water!).
- Once it’s all come together, pour over your mini cakes and add sprinkles immediately (you need to add the sprinkles immediately or else the icing will set and you won’t be able to).
- Let the frosting set for a couple of minutes and then enjoy!
For tips on how to pipe the batter into the mold or how to do a minimal mess icing, read the post!
- Category: dessert
Keywords: cake, chocolate, dessert