Easy, small batch mini key lime pies. This makes 4 perfect mason jars full- just right for a date night in with friends!
- 3/4 cup graham cracker
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup white sugar
Graham Cracker Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, place 5 small (4oz) mason jars on a baking sheet. Set aside
- In a small bowl, combine the crust ingredients (graham cracker crumbs, sugar, vanilla and melted butter). Stir until well combined. Place two tablespoons of mixture into each of 4 mason jars. Place the rest of the graham mixture into a ramekin.
- Pack the crust into the jar with a spoon and then bake for 8 minutes (including the ramekin).
To make the filling:
- Stir the lime juice, condensed milk, vanilla and egg yolk until well combined. Divide evenly amongst the 4 mason jars. Take the graham crumbs in the ramekin and crumble over the top of the key lime filling.
- Put it back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While that is baking, make the merengue! Using a hand mixer, whip the egg whites until light and fluffy. Add the sugar little by little and keep beating until stiff peaks form.
- Dollop on top or use a piping bag (or Ziplock bag with the tip cut off) to pipe the merengue on it.
- Place in the oven and broil until tops of the merengue are toasty (but watch carefully- it’ll burn quickly!).
- Remove from the oven, let it stand for 1 hour or so and then transfer to the fridge to chill completely! Once cold, enjoy!!
- Category: dessert
Keywords: dessert, key lime,