An easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. Comes together quickly, perfect to make with kids. Get adventurous and try new mix ins!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark, semi sweet, or milk!)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and peanut butter and beat for about 1 minute until creamy and smooth.
- Add the brown and white sugars and beat again for 1-2 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and give it a quick whip to combine.
- Add the flour mixture little by little, beating just until combined.
- Pour the chocolate chips in and stir until evenly distributed.
- Using a 2 inch cookie scoop, measure out cookies and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit on the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Top with flaky sea salt if desired.