Tart strawberries meet sweet Nutella in this delicious combination of flavors. This muffin is the perfect thing to make with your leftover strawberries. And it’s makes only 9 muffins so you can have a treat, but not fill your kitchen with desserts!
1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup (half stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/4 cup buttermilk
Nutella (about 1/3 cup)
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Prepare a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar well with a spatula (or whip with a stand/hand mixer). Add the egg, vanilla extract and almond extract. Stir again to combine.
- Add in half of the flour mixture and stir until combined. Add the buttermilk, stir again. And then the other half of the flour and stir to combine.
- Add in the chopped strawberries and fold them into the batter until they’re evenly distributed.
- Divide amongst muffin tin. I do 2 tbsp batter, 1/2 tsp Nutella in center, and another tablespoon or two of batter on top. I typically get 9 muffins out of this.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.
- Category: baking
Keywords: baking, breakfast, strawberry, nutella, muffins