Strawberry Lemon Almond Loaf is the perfect treat for breakfast. This is a small batch so perfect for brunch or a quick dessert. a perfect springtime delight!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (half stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 sugar
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2–3/4 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- turbinado sugar for topping (optional).
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper and grease it (or any other small baking pan)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar well with a spatula (or whip with a stand/hand mixer). Add the lemon zest, egg, vanilla extract and almond extract. Stir again to combine.
- Add in half of the flour mixture and stir until combined. Add the buttermilk, stir again. And then the other half of the flour and stir to combine.
- Add in the chopped strawberries and fold them into the batter until they’re evenly distributed.
- Pour into prepared baking pan, top with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar if using and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.
- Category: Baking
Keywords: breakfast, cake, muffin, strawberry, baking