- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 (8oz) full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package of strawberries, thinly sliced
- Nutella and/or whipped cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Set your 9 inch spring form pan aside. 2. For the crust:
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar until blended well.
- Pour into spring form pan and press up against the sides and on the bottom of the pan. I use a cup or measuring cup to make sure it’s pressed well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the egg whites until peaks form and it is creamy. Set aside.
- In another bowl of your electric mixer, cream the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture and using a spatula, fold until thoroughly combined.
- Carefully pour into spring form pan, being careful not to get over the sides of the crust. Use your spatula to smooth out the top.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Then, turn off the oven, and leave the cheesecake in there for another hour with the door closed. 5. Remove from oven and wait a few minutes for it to shrink a little. Cover with foil and pop in the freezer overnight. 6. Once it is frozen, use my tips above to remove it from the pan and place on a pretty dish.
7. To decorate:
- Use the sliced strawberries to create a design. Be creative! My favorite is to just go around the circle starting at the outer edge and working your way in, slightly stacking them.
- Optional: Melt a few tablespoons of Nutella in the microwave until drizzly. If it’s too liquid like, let it set again until you can drizzle. Pour in a piping bag (or a ziploc bag with the tip cut off) and drizzle Nutella all over the top.
- Dust with a bit of powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream on the side and you’ve got a dessert everyone will rave about!
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: cheesecake, dessert, holiday desserts