For the Crust:
- 2 cups of finely ground graham crackers (about 15–16 graham crackers)
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
For the Filling:
- ¾ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup of light colored corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tray with liners.
- Combine crust ingredients and evenly distribute between muffin tins and then pat down tightly.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a heat safe bowl. Heat the cream over medium heat until simmering. Pour over chocolate chips and let it sit for 3 minutes. Then stir until fully smooth. Add in eggs, yolk and vanilla and stir. Evenly distribute over each graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Place egg whites, corn syrup, salt, vanilla and cream of tartar in a stand mixer and beat until stiff peaks form. Add in sugar little by little. Add a bit more sugar if you prefer a sweeter meriengue. Pipe or dollop over the mini pies. Broil until toasty or use a torch to brown them a bit.
- Allow to cool a bit and then enjoy! Store leftovers in a airtight container.
- Category: Dessert