An easy, fast and delicious Mexican dinner using Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa.
For the Rice Bowls:
- 1 16oz jar Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice
- 1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into one inch chunks (optional), seasoned with salt and pepper
- Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa
- Black Beans
In an electric pressure cooker, press the sauté function and add the oil and onion. Sauté until onion is translucent (3 min or so), then add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
Add the chili powder and cumin and sauté for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Add 1/2 cup of broth and gently scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen any stuck bits. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the pressure cooker.
Add the rice, salsa and remaining 3/4 of broth, along with the chicken if using. Give it a good stir, lock the lid and then turn the pressure cooker on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes.
When the cook time is completed, do a quick release of the pressure, open and fluff the rice with a fork.
Divide between bowls and add all of your favorite toppings. Don’t forget to add a dollop of Green Mountain Gringo® salsa on top!