This Cheesy Pull Apart Christmas Tree bread is simple to assemble and turns out beautifully every single time! Decorate with your favorite Christmas ornament toppings or fresh rosemary to make the branches. Cute and impressive all at once!
What do I need to make a Cheesy Christmas Tree Pull Apart?
- refrigerated pizza dough
- mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- rosemary sprigs and cherry tomatoes- optional for decorating
Can I make this Pull Apart Bread in advance?
You can certainly assemble in advance. The mozzarella and dough can be rolled and shaped into the tree, but then I would refrigerate until ready to bake. It’s best enjoyed when it comes right out of the oven because the cheesy is melty and delicious! So yum :)
How to Store Leftovers of the Cheesy Bread?
If you do have leftovers, you can certainly store them in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. I would reheat in the oven instead of the microwave. It’ll allow the bread to get toasty again and the insides to melt a little more.
The whole point of a Cheesy Pull Apart Christmas Tree is to take a bite out of a puffy piece of dough and get some melty cheese inside. So the most important thing is to heat slowly so it doesn’t burn and allows that cheese inside to melt again. :)
Tips to make it look like a beautiful Christmas Tree:
I like making one log of cheese a little bit longer to create the trunk of the tree. You can see here it’s about twice the length of one of the other dough balls. I love how it looks!
I also love to decorate with the tree with Rosemary sprigs. They look like realistic Christmas tree branches. Another option I didn’t do on this one is to add Cherry Tomatoes or sliced olives as ornaments.
You could also make a star using a cookie cutter on a piece of cheese.
You can do so much with this fun recipe! Definitely find other ingredients you love and incorporate them to make a fun tree design! And if you do, be sure to send me a photo :)
With all that said, let’s get to it!
Cheesy Pull Apart Christmas Tree
- 13 oz can of refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 mozzarella sticks cut into 5 pieces each
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp water
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (divided)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 7-8 rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the canned dough, and cut into 30 squares. Place a piece of mozzarella cheese into each square, seal the edges and roll into a ball.
- Assemble the balls of dough on the baking sheet to resemble a Christmas tree (I find it easiest to start from the top of the "tree").
- Add the egg and water in a small bowl and whisk. Then brush the egg wash all over the tree. Bake for 18-22 min or until dough is golden and puffy.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, Italian seasoning and 1/4 cup of the grated Parmesan. Brush that all over the Christmas tree bread then top with the remaining Parmesan.
- Decorate with rosemary sprigs as desired (you could also use cherry tomatoes as ornaments if you'd like!). Serve with a side of marinara for dipping.
Another Appetizer you might enjoy :)