If you’re an Eggnog loving family, these Eggnog Crinkle Cookies are for you!
Eggnog Crinkle Cookies are soft, crackly, chewy and EASY!
My husband loves all things eggnog so when he asked me to make an eggnog cookie, I knew it would be a hit!
This one comes together with simple ingredients. You’ll need:
- Cream Cheese
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
The spices in this cookie really bring out the eggnog flavor and make it such a great flavor for a cookie!
My favorite part is rolling it in the powdered sugar because when it crackles in the oven, the powdered sugar gives it such a fun design!
Tips on how to make the Best Eggnog Crinkle Cookies
Here are some of my best tips for these cookies!
How to get the best crinkle design:
You’re going to roll in powdered sugar and then bake for 10 minutes. At that point, remove the pan from the oven and bang it on the counter a few times. the cookies will slightly deflate and create a bunch of different crinkles. This is the best part! Now continue to bake for another 3-4 minutes until done.
What Eggnog should I use?
Obviously the best quality will help with taste, but most importantly, full fat! You want it to be a thick, creamy eggnog to make it the best cookie it can be!
How to Store?
These can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Can I make them in advance?
You can definitely prepare the dough in advance! I would suggest refrigerating the dough first, then rolling into balls, and freezing that way. When you’re ready to bake, let them sit out for 10 minutes, then roll in powdered sugar and bake. Don’t let them come to room temperature before baking!
Eggnog Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar and cream again. Finally add the egg, eggnog and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients in two batches, stirring between each. Chill dough for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and then roll in powdered sugar.
- Set on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and smack the pan on the counter a few times to create those classic “crinkles.”
- Bake for another 3-4 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. Let them cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.