Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie
This snickerdoodle pie is what cinnamon sugar dreams are made of! Fluffy deep dish pie topped with a vanilla cinnamon glaze… YUM! The perfect holiday pie!
I must admit, Snickerdoodle Cookies turn into a delicious Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie…
Before we get into this delicious Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie, let me tell you a story… I remember the very first time I had Snickerdoodles. They weren’t fresh, or even great quality. They were boxed from the dollar store.
I was working at my dad’s office for the summer (or maybe just hanging out there since I was probably around 12 at the time) and his office manager decided to go to the dollar store to pick up some missing items.
I asked to go with her and she obliged. Once we got there, she went straight to the cookie aisle and picked up a small box of Snickerdoodles. I asked what in the world those were! She told me she couldn’t explain, I just had to try them.
And I did. Perfectly chewy, cinnamon sugar coated buttery cookies that were a dream come true. Even the dollar store kind. I was obsessed.
Every time I went to the dollar store with my grandma, I made her buy me some. I couldn’t get enough! I tried making them a couple of times, but it just never worked out as well as the boxed kind (call me crazy, I KNOW!).
Anyway, this Thanksgiving, I decided I wanted a Snickerdoodle presence. You know, not everyone loves chocolate (it’s almost a crime…), so I wanted something fall-ish to serve them! I figured Snickerdoodle cookies would be good, but then thought of a better idea…
CINNAMON SUGAR SNICKERDOODLE PIE!
Yep, your read that right. Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie: A nice flaky crust, a caramel like syrup and a thick, cake like snickerdoodle filling. Then all that topped with a (thick) drizzle of cream cheese frosting for the perfect tart finish. Sooo good, you guys!
I made this a couple of times to test it and we just kept eating it all up. Keep some extra cream cheese drizzle… you never know when you want a little extra… 😉
Here’s the amazing recipe. If you make this Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie, be sure to tag me on Instagram. I’d love to feature you! #toeatdrinkandbemarried or @toeatdrinkandbemarried
Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie
- 1 Pillsbury or homemade pie crust
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon divided
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
For the Syrup:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
For the Filling:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla divided
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
For the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare thawed or homemade pie crust in pie dish and set aside. Stir cinnamon, sugar and butter and brush all over crust.
- To prepare the syrup: Place brown sugar, water, corn syrup and butter in saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and set aside.
- For the filling: Beat butter in a stand mixer until creamy (about 1 minute). Add in sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, followed by milk until combined. Lastly, gently beat in the flour.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Top with syrup. Add another sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar if you'd like an extra sweet kick. 😉
- Cover pie with a folded piece of foil (it will look like a little tent) and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 20 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted in the center that comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about an hour before adding glaze.
- To make glaze: combine all glaze ingredients until smooth. Add more milk for a more runny consistency or more sugar for a thicker glaze. Once pie is cooled, drizzle over the top and enjoy!
Looking for another delicious pie recipe?
Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
Apple Crumble Pie
15 thoughts on “Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie”
I’m definately pinning this recipe. I have I could definately do this with my daughter and she’s gonna love it!
Thanks for the recipe! I’m tempted to try the pie, although I must admit I don’t bake cakes often enough!!
Good lord I need to get my fat pants ready this season is doing me in!!! This looks amazing and I just gotta try it!
A delicious yumm recipe!
This recipe looks like absolute heaven. I realllly want to try and make it.
You always have the best freaking recipes!!! I love them all!! You must have such a sweet tooth like me lol
I love Snickerdoodles and this pie looks amazing! And, you’ve decorated it so beautifully!
Yum, this pie looks so delicious. I think I’m going to make this for Thanksgiving or Christmas, my family will love this.
I totally love the name! Sinckerdoodle! 😀 I bet is amazing! xx
Looks DELICIOUS sure is on my recipe list!!
This looks great! I love the swirls and the icing on top 🙂 I’m lovin’ your fall themed baked goods <3
This sounds sooooo amazing! I can’t wait to try this recipie.
You had me at snickerdoodles, but cream cheese glaze? Now I HAVE to try this recipe!
This looks positively delicious! Gorgeous pies and great recipe
All I can say is oh my word! Snickerdoodle pie?! Saving this recipe right now!