Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie
This snickerdoodle pie is what cinnamon sugar dreams are made of! Fluffy deep dish pie topped with a vanilla cinnamon glaze… YUM! The perfect holiday pie!
I must admit, Snickerdoodle Cookies turn into a delicious Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie…
Before we get into this delicious Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie, let me tell you a story… I remember the very first time I had Snickerdoodles. They weren’t fresh, or even great quality. They were boxed from the dollar store.
I was working at my dad’s office for the summer (or maybe just hanging out there since I was probably around 12 at the time) and his office manager decided to go to the dollar store to pick up some missing items.
I asked to go with her and she obliged. Once we got there, she went straight to the cookie aisle and picked up a small box of Snickerdoodles. I asked what in the world those were! She told me she couldn’t explain, I just had to try them.
And I did. Perfectly chewy, cinnamon sugar coated buttery cookies that were a dream come true. Even the dollar store kind. I was obsessed.
Every time I went to the dollar store with my grandma, I made her buy me some. I couldn’t get enough! I tried making them a couple of times, but it just never worked out as well as the boxed kind (call me crazy, I KNOW!).
Anyway, this Thanksgiving, I decided I wanted a Snickerdoodle presence. You know, not everyone loves chocolate (it’s almost a crime…), so I wanted something fall-ish to serve them! I figured Snickerdoodle cookies would be good, but then thought of a better idea…
CINNAMON SUGAR SNICKERDOODLE PIE!
Yep, your read that right. Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie: A nice flaky crust, a caramel like syrup and a thick, cake like snickerdoodle filling. Then all that topped with a (thick) drizzle of cream cheese frosting for the perfect tart finish. Sooo good, you guys!
I made this a couple of times to test it and we just kept eating it all up. Keep some extra cream cheese drizzle… you never know when you want a little extra… ;)
Here’s the amazing recipe. If you make this Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie, be sure to tag me on Instagram. I’d love to feature you! #toeatdrinkandbemarried or @toeatdrinkandbemarried
Cinnamon Sugar Snickerdoodle Pie
- 1 Pillsbury or homemade pie crust
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon divided
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
For the Syrup:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
For the Filling:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla divided
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
For the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- dash of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare thawed or homemade pie crust in pie dish and set aside. Stir cinnamon, sugar and butter and brush all over crust.
- To prepare the syrup: Place brown sugar, water, corn syrup and butter in saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and set aside.
- For the filling: Beat butter in a stand mixer until creamy (about 1 minute). Add in sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, followed by milk until combined. Lastly, gently beat in the flour.
- Pour filling into pie crust. Top with syrup. Add another sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar if you'd like an extra sweet kick. ;)
- Cover pie with a folded piece of foil (it will look like a little tent) and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 20 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted in the center that comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about an hour before adding glaze.
- To make glaze: combine all glaze ingredients until smooth. Add more milk for a more runny consistency or more sugar for a thicker glaze. Once pie is cooled, drizzle over the top and enjoy!
Looking for another delicious pie recipe?