(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
Pasta is my weakness. Ahh, I could be doing just perfectly with healthy eating, but you serve a pasta dish in front of me, and bam! the diet is goneeee. Well, as much as I love pasta, there is one that is my absolute weakness, and that is Chicken Alfredo. If I am at an Italian restaurant, I guarantee you that is what I will be eating. There is just something so heavenly and delicious about that creamy white sauce that is lathered all over the pasta and chicken.
(DISCLOSURE: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. IF YOU CHOOSE TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, THERE IS NO EXTRA COST TO YOU, I JUST MAKE A SMALL COMMISSION FROM THE SALE WHICH ALLOWS ME TO KEEP THIS SITE UP AND RUNNING. THANKS FOR SUPPORTING TO EAT, DRINK & BE MARRIED!)
Anyways, since I positively love this dish, I have made it many different times using MANY different recipes! None of them are ever quite as creamy and rich as I want them, so I set out to combine all my favorite flavors until I found the perfect blend of flavors that yields just the right amount of creamy sauce for my pasta. This recipe is so incredibly easy, you are going to love it– and so will your whole family! YAY!
Also, ever since I bought Le Creuset dishes, I cannot get enough! They are practical, easy to clean and work well for ovens, toaster ovens, microwaves, and dishwashers… You can pretty much use them in anything, so for that reason alone, I think they’re a great investment (even though they’re not even that expensive!). To get the one I used for this recipe, follow the link below:
Parmesan Garlic Chicken Alfredo Bake
Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken:
- 6 chicken tender strips
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon parsley
Creamy Garlic Alfredo Pasta:
- ½ pound pasta (whichever is your favorite! I used Penne)
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Italian 5 Cheese blend
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl combine melted butter and garlic powder. In another bowl combine bread crumbs, shredded Parmesan cheese, oregano, and parsley. Dip the chicken into the melted butter and then coat in the bread crumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet or Pyrex dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shells until al dente. In a large saucepan cook the heavy cream and cream cheese together until smooth and cream cheese has melted. Add garlic powder, minced garlic, pepper, and salt. Lastly, whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Continue to cook over medium heat until heated throughout. Add the cooked pasta and chicken and toss until coated.
- Transfer to an oven proof, glass Pyrex dish like this one, sprinkle with cheese and pop in the oven at 400 for a few minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley.
- For a stronger Italian taste, use 1.5 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to season the chicken instead of the individual spices.
- For a healthier twist, substitute the butter for milk, and instead of using all the cheese, just sprinkle a little over the top. For the pasta, replace the heavy whipping cream with almond milk.