Graham cracker crust in under 20 minutes? Yes, please! Knowing that a crust can be made that easily really makes me want to always have homemade crusts with my pies. I remember the first time making a semi-homemade graham cracker crust. My prepared crust had shattered and I didn’t know how to remedy it… But that doesn’t happen to me anymore!
The easiest way to fix a shattered graham cracker crust is to add more melted butter and then try packing it down again. So the other day, when I knew I wanted to make a banana cream pie, I decided to totally skip out on the prepared crust and make my own. It was so unbelievably simple and easy. I made it in a quick 10 minutes, and then another 10 minutes in the oven and it was done. And let me tell you, everyone could totally taste the difference. It was divine!
So today I want to show YOU how to make your own homemade pie crust. This one works wonderfully with chilled pies or baked pies. Whatever you are planning to fill it with will go perfectly! You are going to love knowing how to make this and never go back to the packaged stuff!
Check it out below 🙂
[recipe title=”Simple Homemade Graham Cracker Crust” servings=”1 pie” time=”20 minutes” ]
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (or white sugar if you are out of brown!)
- Pinch of salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Stir graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir melted butter and vanilla and then add to the graham cracker mixture and stir with a fork.
- Press the mixture into a 9″ pie crust mold and compact tightly. Use the bottom of a cup to do the bottom of the crust and your fingers for the sides.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, until it just starts to brown. Cool completely before filling.