(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
Growing up, I always loved potatoes! Whole potatoes, mashed, however! Potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to any protein which is one of the reasons I love it most. Depending on my mood, I play with the texture. If I’m eating it with a steak, I like it chunky, not perfectly mashed. If I’m eating it with salmon or something lighter like that, I will eat it whole, or make the silkiest mashed potatoes. Ahh, I want to curl up with a bowl right now!
However, one thing I hadn’t tried for the longest time was baked potato soup. I never even knew about it until I saw it on a menu at Applebee’s. I instantly knew what I was eating that day and I was mind blown. It was potato…only potato, for a whole meal! I was HOOKED! I wanted potato soup for every meal. Top it with a couple of things you’d top a normal potato with. But for me? Load it up!
When making baked potato soup at home, the hardest part I have found is getting that ultra creamy consistency. It’s gotta be thick, too, people. It just has to be. But I’ve found the solution to that! Nestle Media Crema is the perfect solution for that creamy delicious consistency! It is rich and delicious and has become a family favorite around here. The best part is that I can stock up, keep it in the garage or pantry and the shelf life is great! Because of that, I am able to have it on hand whenever I want for any dish. This is one of the many reasons I love Nestle.
Here’s a how to video for this soup!
This potato soup is the perfect edition for this fall and winter to come. I love that I can just set the slow cooker in the morning and by late afternoon, I have the dinner ready! It is so comforting and warm during the chilly months. There is something amazing about a big bowl of hearty soup during the winter months. I can see myself curled up on the couch covered in a big thick blanket throughout the winter, watching movies and sipping on this. Best part? It is kid approved! Even they enjoy this soup! You have to give it a try!
If you make this soup, be sure to hashtag #toeatdrinkandbemarried and #nestlemediacrema. I want to see!
[recipe title=”Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup” servings=”10″ time=”8 hours” ]
- 5 pounds russet potatoes washed, unpeeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 16 oz of cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 can of Nestle Media Crema
- optional garnishes: crumbled bacon shredded cheese, green onions
- Place potatoes, onion, garlic, and chicken stock in the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add the cream cheese and using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy and the cream cheese is incorporated. Stir in salt, pepper and can of Nestle Media Crema.
- Serve and top with crumbled bacon or any other of your favorite potato toppings! Enjoy!