These sweet treats are the perfect little gift for your kid’s classmates, your siblings, friends or significant other! They are delicious buttery cookies (kind of like a chocolate chip cookie, but softer!) filled with M&M’s. I will admit, I could have added more M&M’s to these… I would have loved EVEN MORE chocolate. Mmm. 😉
They are so simple to make and although these are Valentine’s themed with the pink, red and white M&M’s, they can totally be made with any color M&M’s. I’ve made them with peanut M&M’s as well as the mini kind. I can’t imagine how delicious these would be with the pretzel kind. A little salty with a crunch…yum!
We made these last night as a little treat for Valentine’s and they are delish! You can also add some chopped nuts if you’d like, or some chocolate chips if you want a little extra chocolate.
I know the pictures look like they barely have M&M’s, but I promise you, they do! hahaha They just all went to the center!
A little life update:
It’s been a little over a month since I last posted! I couldn’t believe it when I logged on and noticed that. Yikes, time is flying by!
If you didn’t see my announcement on Instagram, my husband and I are expecting our first baby! We’re having a little girl whom we’ve named Grace Sophia. We are SO excited for her arrival in a little under 3 months!
I’m officially in my 3rd trimester (28 weeks!), and feel great! Thankfully, I’ve had a pretty easy pregnancy. No morning sickness or anything like that, just some swelling and heartburn, nothing crazy. Baby is weighing around 2.5lb and measuring about 16in. I’m feeling her every day now since she’s kicking and punching just about all the time! She’s pretty active from what I can tell. 😉
We are using every opportunity that Mikey is off to prepare the house! Her room is pretty much ready with new floors, new white closet doors and pretty pink walls. We have tons of diapers already and she had so many cute outfits! Just have to wash those and hang them up when her due date gets closer!
We start birthing classes on Monday and I can’t wait! Every week that goes by, it feels more real. I can’t believe what it’ll be like when I’m like 38 weeks! Ahh!
So yeah, that’s why I haven’t been around much these days. Lots of changes going on around here, and I don’t expect that to stop anytime soon…but I can’t wait!
I’ll share photos of her room once it’s done!
Now, here’s the recipe you’ve been waiting for… 😉
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 sticks of butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, both sugars and vanilla for 3-4 minutes, until creamy. Add in eggs one by one, beating after each addition.
- Add flour mixture all at once and stir in until just blended (don't overmix!). Add in the M&M's and stir until combined.
- Drop by tablespoons, or using a mini cookie scoop, on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Enjoy, or top with more M&M's while still warm, and then enjoy! 😉