This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavortheSizzle #GreenMountainGringo #CheckOutOurBackside
Are Mexican Rice Bowls better than tacos?
What’s the verdict? Would you take a Mexican rice bowl over a plate of perfect tacos?
I’m always torn but I’ve gotta say, Mexican Rice Bowls have grown on me. Especially when I’m making them on a busy weeknight.
That red, Spanish flavored rice, shredded chicken, ground beef, or steak, topped with all my favorites really makes for a special meal.
Speaking of favorites, what do you love on your tacos/rice bowls? Let me know in the comments!
My favorites are an extra scoop of Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa, slices of avocado, shredded cheese, black beans, and a big dollop of sour cream.
I really love Green Mountain Gringo® products because they make so many high quality products for those who are seeking to be health concious.
You can get a flavorful, delicious salsa full of clean ingredients and a label that is easy for anyone to read. Definitely the best!
Green Mountain Gringo® is always my salsa of choice for outdoor summertime fun! It’s a delicious snack to enjoy in so many different ways- whether with chips, as a condiment on a meal, or as an ingredient with rice!
From a mild to a hot variety, there is a Green Mountain Gringo® flavor for everyone.
What do we need for a perfect Mexican Rice Bowl?
First things first, gather your equipment!
–Electric Pressure Cooker
–Bowls for serving
–Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa
–Green Mountain Gringo® Original Tortilla Strips
That’s all! Aside from a spoon or spatula to stir things around and serve, this is a really simple recipe!
As for ingredients, you can make this as simple or as complicated as you’d like.
The basic ingredients for the recipe are EASY. Toppings can be as many or as little as you want.
The beauty of this dish is that you can shop for it and go all out. Or you can keep the basics in your pantry at all times for a quick dinner that comes together effortlessly.
All you need to have is a jar of Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa, rice and chicken to have a hearty and delicious dinner! Add the toppings for fun and fanciness!
One more thing I love about Green Mountain Gringo® is that they really strive to make high quality products that nourish your family, are healthy, and taste great! And they’re transparent about what’s in them, too!
My kiddos love every time we use the Green Mountain Gringo® products in our recipes. It’s just so flavorful and I’m happy that they’re eating food with real, clean, healthy and delicious ingredients!
Use the Green Mountain Gringo® Locator to find a store near you and pick up your own jar of salsa and tortilla strips to keep in your pantry at all times!
Now let’s make this bowl!
Start by adding your oil, onion, garlic, seasonings, rice (and chicken if using) into your electric pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
Once you open it, fluff the rice and set aside. Let’s prep the toppings.
Slice or dice your avocado. Get your shredded cheese, sour cream, and black beans ready. Line up all of your toppings so you can serve dinner buffet or family style!
One of my favorite ways to serve this is to prep everyone’s basic rice and chicken bowl then set a Lazy Susan in the middle of the table with all the toppings.
Everyone can top their bowl as they like. They’ll all be different, creative and totally delicious.
Finish it off with a splash of lime juice if you have any. This will truly bring out all of the Green Mountain Gringo® Salsa flavors. It is so amazing!
Serve your bowl and enjoy!
Mexican Rice Bowls
For the Rice Bowls:
- 1 16 oz jar Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa
- 2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into one inch chunks (optional), seasoned with salt and pepper
- Green Mountain Gringo® Medium Salsa
- Black Beans
- In an electric pressure cooker, press the sauté function and add the oil and onion. Sauté until onion is translucent (3 min or so), then add garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chili powder and cumin and sauté for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth and gently scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen any stuck bits. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the pressure cooker.
- Add the rice, salsa and remaining 3/4 of broth, along with the chicken if using. Give it a good stir, lock the lid and then turn the pressure cooker on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the cook time is completed, do a quick release of the pressure, open and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Divide between bowls and add all of your favorite toppings. Don't forget to add a dollop of Green Mountain Gringo® salsa on top!