Pizza. My all time favorite food. I am not even kidding, I could eat pizza at just about any time of the day. It is just the perfect comfort food mixed with fun food. I love that I can relax with a slice of pizza watching a movie, grab a slice as I head out the door, or stop at just about any corner and pick up a slice if I am on the go. It is such versatile food.
(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to buy anything from them, there is no extra cost to you, I just make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thanks for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!)
But it is so hard to make. At least that is what I used to think. I tried to make so many pizza doughs, only to get discouraged along the way (it takes a while!) or for it to fail miserably. It was always a failure. Until I tried a 30 minute pizza dough recipe. And yeah, that is 30 minutes from start to finish. No waiting for it to rise, no double cooking, or anything. A little tip: use a baking pan with little holes on the bottom. I didn’t and it caused my crust to be a bit too soft. However, I baked it again at my mom’s house with her pan and it was wonderful. If you need one, check out the one I linked below. 🙂
Just 30 minutes from the moment you mix the first ingredients to the moment it is in your mouth. Oh, not to mention it’s absolutely delicious. This dough is positively perfect and I have tweaked it a bit every time I have made it to the point where I think I have reached perfection! Woohoo! Check out my gorgeous pizza and then give it a try at home! I assure you, your kids are going to LOVE it (and so are you!).
30 Minute Pizza Dough
- Stir the sugar, yeast and water in a large bowl until it dissolves. Let the yeast proof for 10 minutes. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Then, stir in your oil and salt. Little by little, add in the flour until fully combined and not sticky anymore (it will begin to pull away from the sides of the bowl as well).
- Flour your working surface and place the dough on it. Knead it for about 3-4 minutes, adding additional flour as necessary if it becomes too sticky to work with. Roll it out with a rolling pin into your desired shape.
- Place on an oiled pizza pan and bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, put your sauce and cheese on it and then any toppings. Pop back in the oven for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted.