(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
This recipe has been one of my grandmother’s favorites for years. We followed a recipe for it one day a long time ago when we both had a longing for cheesecake, but did not know how to make it. We made it over and over again, subsituting the jam for different flavors to try new things. They were all great (guava was my personal favorite!) Sadly, some time ago, we lost the recipe. We looked for it high and low, but nothing. It was gone. So I knew it was time for us to come up with something.
That’s when I made up this recipe. There were some ingredients I remember and others that I just could not. So I mixed and matched until I found the perfect combination. It led to this sweet and very rich cheesecake. Just a sliver goes a long way! Switch up the fruit preserves over it to make a new cheesecake altogether. Or maybe drizzle some Nutella over the top…YUM! Any way you make this, it’s easy and super yummy.
6 ingredient Apricot Cheesecake
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 juice of lemon (strained)
- few tablespoons of apricot jam or jelly
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the condensed milk and cream cheese. Once it’s smooth, add in the egg yolks, one at a time, mixing until combined. Then add the juice of one lemon.
- Once the mixture is set, pour it into the prepared crust. Add the preserves a dollop at a time. You can leave them over the top as I did, or sink them in as a surprise for when you cut it.
- Bake it at 325 for 25 minutes or until golden brown over the top. Allow to cool on countertop for 30 minutes and then another hour in the fridge. Enjoy chilled.