This here is one of my family’s all time favorite desserts. It’s rich, creamy and EASY! It looks impressive, it tastes delectable and is just packaged everything in layers. ;) I’m telling you, it’s super easy! It’s also a chilled dessert which makes it great for the long summer months here down south! I always take this dessert to parties, Bible study, get togethers, and really anything that dessert comes in handy for. I love that I can manage exactly how much I make depending on what I need for a particular occasion.
This dessert is so easy because all you need to buy is pre-made brownies (or you can make your own if you’re feeling adventurous!), instant chocolate pudding mix, mini chocolate chips and whipped cream. That’s it! All you have to do after that is layer it as many times as you’d like. I usually just do two of each. Also, this looks beautiful in a trifle bowl, but you can also make it in a disposable aluminum tin and it works just as well.
Here’s the recipe!
Chocolate Trifle Dessert
- 2 boxes of brownie bites (or one 13×9 pan of boxed or homemade)
- 2 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix (and 2 cups milk to make this)
- 1 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tubs of 8oz cool whip or one large tub
- Prepare your instant pudding mix as directed on the box. Once it is in the fridge setting, arrange one layer of brownies on the bottom of the trifle dish. Keep them bite sized so it’s easy to serve and enjoy.
- Once your pudding is set, spread one layer over the brownies. Then add a thick layer of chocolate chips topped with a one tub of cool whip.
- Repeat the layers until everything is used up (I usually just do one more layer of everything over that).
- Garnish with a few chocolate chips. Enjoy immediately or leave in the fridge until ready to eat.