(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
Apple Crisp for Two.
Or Apple crisp for a crowd. My absolute favorite dessert of all times. I look forward to fall every season to make this dessert! If it were up to me, I would be making this year round, but I try my very best to contain myself and make it only during the fall season. However, it seems every year I begin making it a little earlier (maybe sliiiighly before fall) and then through the winter…and maybe a little into spring some times. hehehe I’m not kidding, this is my FAV!
I have tried so many recipes for this. I have tried the super complicated ones and the extra simple. All of them have given me different results and it is quite frustrating, especially with the crumb topping part. Want to know why? Because all I want is a perfectly crispy topping that crunches when I take a spoonful. Is that too much for a girl to ask?! Yeah, I didn’t think so either. 😉
The perfect apple crisp is EASY to make!
Well, I have finally found the perfect combination to make the perfectly crisp topping. Something that I disliked about other recipes as well was how long it took. By the time you were eating, it was an hour later! This recipe here is ready in 20 minutes. The apples are sliced and tossed in cinnamon sugar. Then, they’re microwaved until they are soft. Then, my favorite part happens. LOTS of butter, oats, sugar, and spices that will crisp up beautifully. All you’ll need in a nice big scoop of creamy vanilla bean ice cream and you are ready to indulge and have the perfect treat to watch a movie with. Anyway, I’ll be kind enough to leave you the recipe before I go make myself one right now. 😉
If you’d like to get my little red heart shaped dishes, you can order them from Amazon using the link below:
And if you want to make these in the toaster oven like I do, here’s a great one:
If you make this recipe, post and tag me or use the hashtag #toeatdrinkandbemarried so I can check it out! I want to seeeee 🙂
[recipe title=”Apple Crisp for Two” servings=”1″ time=”30 minutes” ]
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2 cup microwave safe dish or ramekin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, 1 teaspoon flour, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well. Pour into baking dish and cover with wax paper. Microwave on high power for 3-4 minutes or until apples are soft and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining flour with oats, and brown sugar. With a fork or your fingers (I have found fingers to work better), blend in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Let it rest for 5 minutes for the topping to become a little crispier and serve warm (preferably with a hearty scoop of ice cream!). ENJOY!
Note: this can be made for more people by easily doubling, tripling or even quadrupling