Super easy, no mixer required applesauce muffins!
Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
- 1.5 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter (cooled)
- 1.5 cup milk
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease mini muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking powder and melted butter. Add in the milk & oats and whisk again.
- Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes so the oats soak up the milk a bit. Then add in raisins or any other topping!
- Pour into muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and let them cool in the pan. They are very soft while hot and will fall apart so they need to sit there to hold together.