Chewy Double Dark Chocolate Brownies.
Just like regular ol’ brownies… only better. Even if you aren’t a dark chocolate fan, I can assure you, these will change that for you. Dark chocolate to make them deep colored and richer is just the perfect addition to regular brownies. You will never go back after trying these!
From the very day I met my hubs, I knew he adored brownies.. How did I know that before even reaching our second meeting? Well, my friends…I was in a relationship during the age of social media, therefore there was a bit of stalking done. Okay, a great deal of stalking. Yep, after I met him, I searched him up on Instagram (I didn’t have a Facebook at the time) and scrolled through his whooooole feed. Funny note, he didn’t have his name in his profile or handle, therefore it took some MAJOR skill to find him…and a little help from a sister or two. 😉
Scrolling through his Insta, I realized this guy really loved chocolate. I mean, more than my mom it seemed. And my mom is chocolate obsessed. This guy said that if it didn’t have chocolate, it wasn’t dessert. Can you believe that? He had so many pictures of brownies. I remember one in particular where a brownie square was sitting in a bowl with milk all around it. He ate it like cereal. hahaha
Chock-full of Ghiardelli dark chocolate, this is the best possible brownie recipe out there!
Anyway, after we got engaged, I knew the future of making brownies was long for me! I got on a mission to find the best possible brownie recipe out there. Whether that was chewy, gooey, hard, or anything else, I knew I needed to find a go-to recipe. I found some that were good, but not WOW! They were just alright. However, I started tweaking it. And after a long time of switching up ingredients and messing with loooots of chocolate, I found it! I found the perfect chewy recipe with double chocolate. Boyyyy, is it good. We eat it a lot around here. 😉
If you make this recipe, use the hashtag #toeatdrinkandbemarried. I’d love to see!
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1/4 cup of baking cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (definitely not optional!)
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease an 8in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and cocoa until smooth and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Then stir in the vanilla and cocoa mixture.
- Combine the flour and salt. Add in chocolate mixture and stir until it just comes together. Stir in the walnuts (optional).
- Pour into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.