Are Gooey Brownie Cookies your favorite?
I’m an odd ball around here. I LOVE a good crispy cookie. Thin, toasty and perfectly crunchy. Seriously they’re my favorite.
I purposely over bake my cookies to get that effect. Everyone thinks I’m so weird!
However, my family? They loooove a good ol’ chewy cookie. Especially if it’s under baked.
Enter these Gooey Brownie Cookies. This has become such a favorite and we make them SO often, I actually keep a batch ready to go in the freezer for any given night!
The secret for this amazing Gooey Brownie Cookie, you ask?
Everyone who’s tried these LOVES them (believe me, I’m not trying to show off here!), and can’t believe how they’re made.
I posted a picture of these on Instagram and Facebook last week, too and so many people reached out to me for the recipe. I couldn’t believe it!
Well, I have to admit guys. These aren’t completely homemade. Sure, I make them at home, but they require… a boxed brownie mix!
Yep, these beautiful, delicious, and gooey cookies all start with a boxed brownie mix. They are so easy, I have this recipe memorized already.
Let me give you a little tip on these: add extra chocolate chips.
I buy the Ghiardelli brownie mix that has chocolate chips already, but I always add another half a bag of Ghiardelli milk chocolate chips (I’ve also added dark chocolate chips and they’re delicious!).
It doesn’t matter which one you choose… you can never go wrong with more chocolate, am I right?!
How to enjoy, store and make Brownie cookies in advance:
These cookies are the perfect tagalong for a cup of steaming coffee or just a plain ol’ tall glass of cold milk.
I usually make the batter, bake a few and then prepare the rest to freeze. It is really super simple.
Form them all into balls and place on a plate so they’re not touching each other. Refrigerate for about an hour or until they aren’t super sticky anymore. Then toss them into a freezer bag and freeze.
They hold up well there for about 2 months, although I assure you they won’t make it that long! They never do around here, anyway! ;)
My new favorite thing to do is pop them into the toaster oven. That way I don’t have to run the main oven for just one or two cookies when I crave something chocolatey.
When you’re ready to bake, no need to thaw these! Just pop them straight from the freezer onto the baking sheet and into the oven.
They might take an extra minute or two in the oven, that’s all!
Fun Ideas for Gooey Cookies:
- Take them out a minute early and tap the baking sheet on the counter a few times. This will give them a crackle, slightly crispy top. They’ll finish cooking on the baking sheet and you can enjoy once they’re cool.
- These make great ice cream sandwiches! Once they’re fully cool, they hold up well. Let the ice cream soften for 15 minutes, scoop, press the two together and enjoy!
- Make them into Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cookies. You won’t be disappointed. ;)
If you try this recipe, be sure to use the hashtag #toeatdrinkandbemarried so I can check it out! I’d love to see your cookies :)
Gooey Brownie Cookies
- 1 box of Ghiardelli brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Extra chocolate chips!
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form into balls and baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool (but not completely! These are best warm and gooey!). Enjoy :)
originally posted August 7, 2017
If you enjoyed these cookies, I’m certain you’ll love these!