(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!)
Every year since we have been married, Mikey has cooked dinner for me on Valentine’s day. Around here, that’s a pretty big deal because he NEVER cooks in our house. It’s not really because he doesn’t want to, but because I absolutely love cooking! So, he gladly lets me do it and he sticks to his favorite job: taste tester! Then once a year, we get a good laugh out of watching him cook and try to keep me out of the kitchen. I sit on the couch watching everything, nervously twitching as I see everything that is going down in my beloved little kitchen!
This year, he made a delicious risotto, and I am so glad he made it! But, I couldn’t stay out of the kitchen just like that. I offered to make dessert. You know, I just had to get into the kitchen to sneak a peak at what was going on! 😉 I decided to make the easiest thing EVER, and never would have imagined it would become one of my new favorite desserts. Rice Krispy Nutella Ice Cream Cake. Yep, you read that right. Three ingredients that equates tons of delicious chocolatey, crunchy and creamy goodness! In case you need me to explain a little further, chocolatey=nutella, crunchy=rice krispy’s, and creamy=ice cream! 😉
You have got to get your hands on these three ingredients and make this ASAP. Lucky for me I already had all of these ingredients in my kitchen (yes, I’d say rice krispy’s, Nutella and vanilla ice cream are staples around here!). This is the perfect end of summer treat. I mean just look at that goodness. I already want more.
[recipe title=”Nutella Krispy Ice Cream Cake” servings=”8″ time=”3 hours” ]
- 2 cups Nutella
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Heat Nutella and Rice Krispies over low heat in a saucepan, stirring occasionally, until fully coated. Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet and pop in the freezer for about 40 minutes. Also put a large mixing bowl and spring form pan in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, move your vanilla ice cream into the fridge for it to soften.
- Once Rice Krispy mixture is solid, but not frozen, take out of the freezer and break off into pieces. Take bowl and spring form pan out of the freezer as well. Pour softened ice cream into bowl along with all but two cups of Rice Krispy mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour into spring form pan and top with remaining Rice Krispy mixture.
- Freeze for another few hours, or overnight, until hardened again and slice to serve!
For fun add ins, try colorful sprinkles, M&M’s, cocoa krispies, or other fun cereals!
For this recipe, I used this spring form pan:
But, I have also tried it using these little baby spring form pans and they are the perfect size for two! 🙂
For another great chocolatey dessert the whole family will love, check out THIS recipe!