I love to read, but I make up so many excuses as to why I’m too busy to do so. I’m still in school, so sometimes I feel guilty reading for pleasure when I know I have school to finish and graduation is around the corner (this summer, guys…so excited!). But, I know reading calms me, grows me and stretches me in ways other things can’t, therefore I’ve made it a point to read one book per month this year. I’m a bit late in posting this, but here is this year’s list!
- Let Me Be a Woman by Elisabeth Elliot
- Steadfast Love by Lauren Chandler
- Fit to be Tied by Bill and Lynne Hybels
- I, Isaac, take thee, Rebekah by Ravi Zacharias
- Discipline: The Great Surrender by Elisabeth Elliot
- Sacred Influence by Gary Thomas
- Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
- Make It Happen by Lara Casey
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
- Restless: Because You Were Made for More by Jennie Allen
- True Spirituality by Francis Schaeffer
- Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Minds by Jen Wilkin
I’ve mixed theological, marriage and women’s books in this list to give me a well rounded list for this year. It was so hard to choose just 12 books- there are so many I want to read! But, I know I’m better off setting small goals for myself and accomplishing those first. Maybe I’ll add more books to this year’s list. I sure hope so! Hopefully this is the start of a habit I can cultivate and grow over the years.
I’ve already completed Let Me Be a Woman. Such an excellent book for women of all ages. Elisabeth Elliot shares the wisdom of all her years in the form of letters to her daughter. It feels so personal, almost like it was written to me. I highly recommend that read! Next up, is Steadfast Love which I’ll be reading as a book study with The Influence Network. So excited for this! 🙂
What is on your reading list this year?
Any recommendations of books you’ve already read?