What is better than traditional s’mores, you ask? Mini S’mores Pies!
These little squares of goodness are my new favorite treat. I love a good fall dessert, and nothing screams Fall more than S’mores (or better yet, adorable Mini S’mores Pies!). I know technically, they are a summer dessert, but when you live in Miami, the only time of year you can possibly think of roasting anything over a fire (or a grill maybe! haha) is when the temps have cooled a bit. And that is Fall for us! Even then, we are well into Fall already and the temperatures have not been below 80. Usually they’re close to 90. Ugh. What I would give for a little Fall!
Something I have always wanted is one of those cool little portable fire pits. The kind that I can carry out and use and then store back in my garage. I can buy the log to burn at Home Depot, use it up and then there is minimal pick up. That is my idea of a fun afternoon. Take out some marshmallows, Hershey’s bars and graham crackers and you’ve got a party!
These little mini s’mores pies are just that…without the fire pit.
Enjoy the perfect layer of crumbly graham crackers, melty chocolate (or firm- whatever floats your boat!) and gooey toasted meringue that tastes an awful lot like marshmallows! This is a pie recipe for the books!
My favorite part is that it is incredibly easy to make! Just make an easy crust, top with melted chocolate and add a swirl of meringue. Then, either pop under the broiler, or if you’re feeling fancy use a torch, to toast the tops. So easy and SO fancy looking. You’ll be the talk of the town!
A few other favorite S’mores recipes before we dive into this one…
If you’re a s’mores lover, but want something that can be made in 5 minutes, try my S’mores Dip. I probably make it at least once a week…. to share of course… ;)
If you want to try your hand at something fancier, try this! I had it during our Alaskan Cruise and it was amazing! I got home looking for someone who has made it before and Dessert for Two always has what I’m looking for! She makes a small batch S’mores Baked Alaska and I’m still dreaming about it!
Mini S'mores Pies
For the Crust:
- 2 cups of finely ground graham crackers about 15-16 graham crackers
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp. sugar
For the Filling:
- ¾ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup of light colored corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tray with liners.
- Combine crust ingredients and evenly distribute between muffin tins and then pat down tightly.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a heat safe bowl. Heat the cream over medium heat until simmering. Pour over chocolate chips and let it sit for 3 minutes. Then stir until fully smooth. Add in eggs, yolk and vanilla and stir. Evenly distribute over each graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Place egg whites, corn syrup, salt, vanilla and cream of tartar in a stand mixer and beat until stiff peaks form. Add in sugar little by little. Add a bit more sugar if you prefer a sweeter meriengue. Pipe or dollop over the mini pies. Broil until toasty or use a torch to brown them a bit.
- Allow to cool a bit and then enjoy! Store leftovers in a airtight container.