(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
This evening, my husband asked me to make a dessert. So I started going through options of things I’ve made in this past. Chocolate fudge cakes? No. Cinnamon Crescent Rolls? No. Fondue? No. Apple Crisp? S’mores Dip? No (but that recipe is soon to come, because it’s a favorite in our house!). He wanted something different. He asked me what cereals I had in the pantry so I told him we had Cheerios and Lucky Charms. So he told me to surprise him with something made with Lucky Charms (I felt like a kid on Master Chef Junior opening their mystery box! 😉 ).
As I was thinking of what to make, I remembered he told me recently he’s grown to like Rice Krispy treats. So with that, I decided to make a form of Rice Krispy treats, but with Lucky charms instead. I also added a white chocolate drizzle on top (my husband always says it’s not dessert if it doesn’t have chocolate!).
White Chocolate Lucky Charms Treats
- Recipe Type: Dessert
- Cook Time: 10 minutes, Cool time: 10 minutes, Total Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 3-4
Treats better than Rice Krispies because they have a thick white chocolate drizzle and of course, Lucky Charms in it!
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 Cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1.5 Cups marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons white chocolate
- In large pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Once melted, add in marshmallows and stir until melted. If marshmallows begin to turn golden brown, take pot off heat and continue stirring until melted. The heat of the pot should be enough to finish the melting process.
- Add in Lucky Charms cereal and mix until well incorporated. Pour into greased casserole dish and let cool.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between sessions. Once treats are cool, cut into six pieces and drizzle white chocolate over the top and then let it harden a bit.
- Enjoy! 🙂