Apple crisp has become one of my new favorite fall desserts. Definitely one I have made quite a few times this season! I love it so much more than old fashioned apple pie because of the delicious topping. Mmm, that’s my favorite part! Today I wanted to try it a different way so I made it in a skillet! So delicious and easy to make!
First, I tossed three gala apples, a sprinkle of cinnamon (to your liking), and sugar in a bowl. In another bowl, I mixed flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and oats with melted butter until it became crumbly.
I put my 9 inch skillet on the stove top and melted some butter. I then tossed in my apples and cooked them until tender. I spread the topping over the apples, and popped the whole thing in the oven for 20 minutes and it was done! Super simple, yet super yummy!
Of course, I added some ice cream to it. Ice cream makes every dessert better!
Skillet Apple Crisp
- Recipe Type: Dessert
- Prep Time: 15 min, cook time: 15 min, total time: 30 min
- Serves: 5-6
Warm, soft apples covered in crispy oat mixture. Smells even better than it tastes!
- 2TB butter
- 3 Apples (I used gala), peeled, cored, and chopped in bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Cinnamon to your taste
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Mix all the apple filling ingredients in one bowl together. In a separate bowl, mix all of the crumb topping mixture together.
- Melt the 2 TB butter in the 9″ skillet over the stove top. Once melted, add the apple mixture and let cook, stirring continually, until apples are soft and translucent (but not fully cooked).
- Add crumb topping and bake on a baking sheet in 450 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes or so.
- Serve in bowls with ice cream and enjoy!