If you love this recipe, hover over the picture and PIN IT!
Growing up, we had pizza at least once a week. It was a favorite meal and I know it was an easy dinner when we had activities in the evening such as school or band practice. I can’t even begin to count the amount of times we picked up a Little Ceasar’s before the evening midweek service. It was a quick and easy dinner and we so enjoyed it (not to mention the Crazy Bread…mmm!). Over the years, we have tried sooooo many different pizzas looking for the best one, including lots of the frozen type. What I never thought of was this:
Pepperoni Pizza Dip.
Whaaat? A more adult-like, fancy pizza creation. It is just as good (or even better!) than a regular pizza and totally appropriate to show up at a get together with. It looks a little more refined than just a regular ol’ pizza box as well. haha Anyways, I made this for our Friday night small group and it was a hit so I wanted to share here. Give it a try, whether for a party or for a lazy movie night at home with the family. You can get as creative as you like about it. I just kept it plain with pepperoni, but you can add some veggies, or sausage, or chicken. Whatever suits your fancy. The holidays are coming upon us and there will likely be lots of opportunities to get together with family and friends. Take this pizza dip with you! :)
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- pepperoni slices (along with any other toppings you’d like)
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cut in chunks for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix cream cheese, oregano, basil, cheddar cheese, and 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Spread in pie pan or casserole dish. Spread pizza sauce over the mixture and top with remaining cheeses. Then add pepperoni and other toppings if you choose.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese begins to brown.
- Serve warm with chunks of bread.