Carrot Cake Muffins? You mean to tell me Easter is here already?
Well, maybe not riiiiight here yet, but it sure is around the corner. So yes, Carrot Cake Muffins are here. And they are divine. Topped with a thick cream cheese frosting and an adorable Cadbury Egg, these are a must for any Easter celebration.
Why is it that we always associate Carrot Cake with Easter? Is it because of carrots for the Easter bunny? I’m not sure hahaha But to me, carrot cake is always a Spring themed dessert. Not mad about it though because it’s amazing!
I never give carrot cake enough credit. Like, my mind always thinks it’s such a weird dessert idea, but once I have it, mmm, I remember it’s not weird at all. I love mixing the carrot cake mixture with a little bit of crushed pineapple. It adds a little tang along with some natural sweetness. SO GOOD.
I made these Carrot Cake Muffins in mini form so there are more to go around. But you can totally make these as a regular size muffin. And if muffins aren’t your thing, you can pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake for 40 minutes. Really, this recipe is so diverse, you can do so much with it. Just frost that cake as usual and save any leftover frosting in the fridge to drizzle over the top of each slice.
Seriously, these are so good! I’d love to know if you try them and what you think! Drop a comment below with any other cute topping ideas, or if you’ve tried them. Better yet, send me a photo via IG or email. I’d love to see your Easter muffins! 🙂
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup carrots grated (usually 2-3 carrots)
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- powdered sugar to taste
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 bag Cadbury Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the muffins. Pour into muffin tin liners.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking, beat the softened cream cheese and vanilla. Start adding powdered sugar until it's your desired sweetness. I usually like about a cup, but there is no right or wrong amount. Whatever tastes good to you 🙂
- Remove muffins from oven and let them fully cool on a cooling rack. Once cool, frost and top with Cadbury Eggs (or if it's not Easter, M&M's or graham cracker crumbs will do!).
If you liked this recipe, you might enjoy these: