(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
A few months back, I created a recipe for Banana Nutella Muffins. They were a HIT!
I can easily down a 1/4 batch in one sitting if I am not careful. I never really understood people who said when they try something good, they can’t stop.
This is that recipe for me. I eat one piece and I keep coming back for more. I just can’t put it down! Very difficult when you’re trying to lose those last few baby weight pounds! hahaha
Anyway, this is still totally worth sharing because as much as I love the muffins, this cake is beautiful! It is so perfect to take to a dinner party, or as a hostess gift. It is also lovely as something to take into a doctor’s office or something like that!
I recently went to BJs and bought a package of bananas. My mistake. Too many bananas for two people. They quickly turned black and I just knew I had to give this recipe another go!
This cake is incredibly simple to make. It is literally a matter of mixing everything in one big bowl and popping it in the oven.
As much as I loved the moistness of the muffins, I love that this cake is dense (technically it isn’t a cake, it’s banana bread!). It is so thick and delicious and a great addition to your morning coffee. Don’t be shy, dip it in! Because it’s a little denser than the muffins, it won’t fall apart!
It is definitely the perfect balance of sweetness, while not totally tasting like a dessert! Soooo good! I poured half of the batter into the pan, then a layer of Nutella, and then the rest of the batter. The nutella rose to the top which was pretty cool. It was like a little surprise pocket inside the cake! I still drizzled more over the top because you can never have enough Nutella, right?!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me! I’d love to see! 🙂
[recipe title=”Banana Nutella Bundt Cake” servings=”16″ time=”1 hour”]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium (or 3 large) over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 cup Nutella, divided
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together banana, sugar, brown sugar. Beat in egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour, baking soda and baking powder, until there are no lumps. Fold in pecans.
- Fill pan with half of the batter. Add 2/3 of the Nutella, trying not to let it come in contact with the pan (so just let it float in the middle of the batter). Add the rest of the batter on top, covering all the Nutella.
- Bake for around 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (it’ll be golden brown).
- Allow to cool, flip onto a dish. Take 1/3 cup of Nutella and microwave it for 30 seconds. Place in a piping bag or a Ziplock with with a small bit of the corner cut off. Drizzle to your heart’s content! Dust with powdered sugar and serve!
If you loved this recipe, check out…