(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
If there is any dessert I just love for a late night treat, it’s a nice chocolate cake with melted chocolate oozing from the middle. Oh, and I have to add some vanilla bean ice cream on top, of course! Ice cream always makes everything better 😉
This chocolate cake was a perfect late night treat for my husband and I as it only makes two. It is perfect for a simple any night treat, or a more luxurious ice cream, whipped cream and a cherry Valentine’s dessert. The best part about it was how simple it was to make. The ingredients were all I normally have on hand and the mess was minimal. After you are finished dreaming about mine, you can read the recipe below and make your own!
First I greased two ramekins.
In a microwave safe bowl, I mixed the whipping cream and chocolate chips. Then I microwaved it in 15 second intervals until completely melted.
I then added the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
I poured them into the ramekins and then dropped some extra chocolate chips in the center to become that gooey deliciousness I look forward to most!
That’s all! It’s certainly an easy recipe to follow and the results are out of this world! We will definitely be making these again in my home 🙂
Chocolate Fudge Cakes for Two
- Recipe Type: Dessert
- Prep Time: 10 minutes, bake time: 15 minutes, total time 25 minutes
- Serves: 2
Warm, gooey chocolatey goodness in every bite! You will not regret making these!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 6 ounce ramekins with non stick spray and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Coarsely chop 2 ounces of chocolate (or use Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate chips. I used them in this recipe and they were perfect!). Combine chocolate and heavy cream in a heat proof bowl and microwave in 15-20 second intervals stirring after each increment. Once melted, whisk in brown sugar. Then whisk in oil, egg, and vanilla until combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and baking soda together. Pour into wet ingredients and fold with rubber spatula until all ingredients are mixed with without any lumps. Pour evenly into ramekins. Cut the remaining 1 ounce of chocolate or the chocolate chips and drop them in the middle and make sure they are fully submerged.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, rotating the pan at the 8 minute mark. Bake them a couple more minutes if you prefer yours a little less gooey. Serve warm. With ice cream. It’s the best.
- Enjoy!! 🙂