(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
It’s Fall Harvest Apple Bread season again? yesssss!
Fall is here!
This is my favorite time of the year. Even more than Christmas, yes! There is just something so exciting, warm and cozy about the fall season that gets me every single time. I look outside and the days look different. Yeah, the days begin to get shorter, but the nights are longer which means more time for cookies or delicious sweets on the couch while binge-ing a Netflix show or watching yet another Christmas Hallmark movie.
One of those delicious sweets that I envision myself eating while watching a movie is this apple bread.
I have made it a couple of times in the past, but it never quite turned out so thick and delicious. I also added more apples (and cinnamon sugar, because how could you eat more apples without the cinnamon sugary coating?!) and baked it in a larger pan. It made all the difference. This is definitely a loaf big enough to share!
I think this will be this year’s neighbor gift around Thanksgiving time. Every year, I like to make a little something for my neighbors (especially since we’re the new kids on the block!) and this will be a lovely gift. I can just envision it wrapped in brown parchment or craft paper along with a piece of twine. Maybe I’ll add a little handwritten note. I think I’ll be wrapping them like this! So cute!! I’m getting ahead of myself, but I can’t help it…my favorite time of the year is hereeee!
Take a look at this beauty! It looks so big and bakery-like, but I promise you, it is EASY! Give it a try and let me know what you think! Maybe serve it at Thanksgiving or give it to your neighbors!
If you do make this, let me know by using the hashtag #toeatdrinkandbemarried. I’d love to see!
The perfect Fall treat. Enjoy it with a cup of coffee at home or make a few and give out to friends for Thanksgiving!
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a 9×5 inch bread pan with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix the light brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, combine white sugar and butter until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed until combined. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and finally the milk.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan. Top that with half of the chopped apples. Pat the apples into the batter and then sprinkle half of sugar and cinnamon mixture. Pour the rest of the batter over the cinnamon sugar mixture, then top with remaining apples and add what is left of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Press the topping into the batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean (be careful not to overcook or it will become tough).
- Let it stand in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then using the sides of the parchment paper that stick out, lift and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Keywords: dessert, holidays
For another apple recipe that is perfect to share: