After a get together recently, I had an entire leftover bag of Doritos. I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it since we don’t usually eat chips much around here, so I began to rack my brain for a good recipe to create with it. After a few different ideas, this was the best one. It works great for an appetizer, or as a meal. We ate it one night as a little snack dipped in ranch sauce and on the following night, I added a side of mashed potatoes and it was delightful!
I don’t even like ranch doritos all that much, but these are amazing. The Doritos crust makes it crunchy unlike any other breading I’ve tried. Some breading seem to be crunchy but after baking, they get mushy. Not with this one! It stayed perfectly toasty throughout the cook time and that made the texture just perfect. It was definitely a hit around here. Next time, instead of serving a bag of Doritos at a get together, I’ll be making these chicken bites. :)
Ranch Doritos Chicken
Recipe Type: Appetizer or Dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Bake time: 15 minutes, Total Time: 25 minutes.
- 4oz Ranch Doritos Chips
- 8oz chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Crush your chips by placing them in the food processor and giving them a few whirls. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Dust the chicken in the flour, shake off the excess. Then roll in the beaten egg, and coat in the crushed chips until well covered. Lay on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and repeat steps until all chicken is coated.
- Bake for 15 min, and then serve immediately with sauce of your choice (we like ranch sauce!)