Rice Krispy Easter Nests are both easy and adorable!
These Rice Krispy Easter nests are the perfect addition to any Easter dinner.
They’re aesthetic with all the pastels, perfectly bite sized and so adorable!
Although not entirely necessary, the edible grass was a Target find and I’m so pleased with it!
These are made with only 5 ingredients and can make such a beautiful gift!
What will I need for these?
Ingredients are simple. You’ll need:
- Rice Krispy Cereal
- Edible grass
- Mini Cadbury Eggs
That’s it! Just a classic, follow the directions on the box Rice Krispy treat. What makes it special is that beautiful topping.
Cut up the edible grass, add to the top and then add a few mini Cadbury Eggs.
- Large bowl
- Spatula or spoon
- Mini muffin pan
- Cooking spray
How Do I Make The Cute Nests?
It’s so simple! You are going to make a batch of rice krispy treats in the microwave.
Yup, you don’t even need to do the original stovetop method.
Melt the butter in the microwave, add the marshmallows and microwave until those are melted, too.
Stir in the cereal until fully combined.
Drop into greased muffin tin and press down. Make an indentation in the center to create the nest.
Now you just let them set. Once they are done, top with edible grass and mini Cadbury Eggs.
These are no bake and ready in under 30 minutes.
So easy, crowd pleasing and adorable for an Easter party or school activity!
How to store?
Keep these at room temperature for up to 5 days. Ideally eat between 1-2 days to maintain cereal freshness, but they’re still good after that!
Tips and Tricks:
- Use a greased spoon to press the rice krispy cereal into the muffin tin. It helps keep it from sticking everywhere!
- Use cocoa Krispies for a more chocolatey treat!
- Top with a Peeps instead of the eggs
Rice Krispy Easter Nests
- muffin pan
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 10oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- 1 bag mini Robin's Eggs
- edible grass optional
- Add butter in a large bowl. Melt in the microwave.
- Add the entire bag of marshmallows, toss to combine and then microwave until puffy (about 1.5 min)
- Stir until fully combined. Add cereal and stir until combined as well.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of mixture into a greased muffin tin. Press in tightly creating a small indentation in the center for the nest. Let them set for 15 minutes.
- Top with edible grass if using and 3 mini Robin's eggs.
- Enjoy! :)