For Cinco de Mayo, I wanted to make a typical Mexican meal. I’m all into Mexican food, but Mikey isn’t really. However, he humored me because it was just one day. 😉 He absolutely loved this meal, though! The chicken was so tasty and with so much sauce, it tasted perfectly! It also helps that it has the taco seasoning to add those typical mexican flavors. In about 3-4 hours, you can have delicious chicken that is perfect as a Mexican meal or not (we mixed our leftover rice with other meals, and it was still so good!).
If you don’t have one, get yourself this great Slow Cooker HERE
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
- 2-3 full chicken breasts (I cut them in half so they cook faster)
- 1 can salsa (I used the basic mild salsa, but you can try any flavor or heat!)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and mix well so all the chicken is coated.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours (or a little more…this varies with each slow cooker)
- Use a couple of forks to shred the chicken (it will practically fall apart).
- Enjoy inside of your tacos or over Mexican rice or as a part of another meal! 🙂
4 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken”
How do you think the mango salsa would go with it?
That sounds yummy! Chicken and mango flavors should go really well together! I want to try it again with a Peach Pineapple Salsa. I found it at Target and it’s our favorite now. 🙂
I am a Weight Watcher member and this is a great recipe for us to use. I will pass this along at our next meeting. Thank you and I will continue to follow you for more great ideas.
Made this the other day & it was a HIT. The only thing I did different was I added some diced tomatoes to it (using a lime salsa). Also made you 5 ingredient Mexican rice. also adding diced tomatoes (hubby’s not a veggie eater so I add veggies when I can to get them into him). We used whole wheat tortillas & made it into a wrap. Will be making this again & again.