(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
Yes, you read that right. A dessert taco. A white tortilla, deep fried ’til crispy, tossed in cinnamon sugar, stuffed with Nutella, fresh fruit, and homemade whipped cream. This is so unbelievably easy, yet SO DELICIOUS! I originally made it a few nights ago for Cinco de Mayo (along with slow cooker mexican shredded chicken and 5 ingredient mexican rice…recipes coming soon!) but it was so good we had this a couple nights straight in our home. Definitely not the healthiest, but hey, what’s a splurge every now and then, right? 😉
The best part about this recipes is that you also end up with extra of the best homemade whipped cream! Which you can then use for my new Boston Cream Pie icebox cake (that’s what I did with my leftovers). That recipe is coming soon as well. Or you can use the whipped cream on hot chocolate. Or just eat it straight out of the jar. I won’t tell anyone. :p Here’s a simple recipe that looks so complex, it will impress all your friends!
Strawberry-Banana Nutella Dessert Tacos
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 flour tortillas
- 4 large strawberries
- half a banana
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- vegetable oil for frying
- Add heavy cream and powdered sugar to a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and whip until stiff peaks form (about 1 minute). Bag into a piping bag or ziplock with the tip cut off and place in fridge until ready to serve. Chop up the banana and strawberries, set aside. Bag Nutella in piping bag or ziplock with the tip cut off and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil until bubbly and hot. Place one tortilla in the skillet and cook for a few seconds until light golden brown. Using tongs, flip it over and begin to fold it cooking one side and then flipping over to ensure both sides become golden brown and toasty. Dip both sides in the cinnamon sugar and and sprinkle some on the inside as well. Repeat with second shell.
- Once both taco shells are cooked, pipe Nutella into the bottom of each. Then layer the bananas and strawberries over that. Finally, pipe a nice heaping serving of whipped cream over the top.
- Enjoy! (utensils optional)… 😉
- Replace Nutella with another spread of your choice, whether fruit or Biscoff… but let’s be honest, who would replace Nutella?
- Mix and match different fruits! Maybe add in raspberries or blueberries! Get creative 🙂