The Grey Stuff for Two… can anyone say Date Night?!
In case you’re not familiar with it, The Grey Stuff is a dessert straight out of the movie Beauty and the Beast.
You know how it goes
*try the grey stuff
don’t believe me?
ask the dishes!*
It’s when Belle arrives at the castle and everyone is showing her around.
The Grey Stuff has always been a mystery… until Walt Disney World created it, of course!
What exactly IS the Grey Stuff?
Well, technically, it’s like a whipped cookies and cream pudding… but also has like a mousse consistency…
Pretty much it’s a cross between mousse and pudding. Not as thick as pudding, but not as light as mousse.
But more delicious than both. ;)
Chocolate pudding and milk come together to create the basic pudding, them you fold in cool whip to create a lighter consistency.
Add chopped Oreos for the perfect cookies and cream flavor as well as a bit of crunch.
This dessert is reminiscent of the one we had years ago at the Be Our Guest restaurant in Magic Kingdom. It was so good, I was dying to recreate it at home.
The only problem is, all the online recipes give you a huge batch. And although it’s DELICIOUS, my waist does not need to enjoy the whole batch alone.
So I worked hard to create this perfect consistency of The Grey Stuff in a small batch for Two.
This is perfect for an indulgent date night dessert… but it’s SO EASY.
Really, just a few ingredients, mix them up and pop it in the fridge until ready to enjoy!
What you’ll need for this treat:
- Whisk and spatula (or fork and spoon)
- Serving dish
- Instant Chocolate Pudding
- Cool Whip
It truly is one of the simplest things I’ve made! Easy, and so delicious. It’s also so good as a frosting on cake. Mmmm…
If you make this, be sure to tag me on Instagram or send me a photo. I love to see what you all are making :)
The Grey Stuff for Two
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp instant chocolate pudding powder
- 1/2 cup cool whip
- 4 Oreos or more if you'd like!
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for about 2 minutes until thickened. Place in the fridge for a few minutes while you prep the Oreos.
- Take 3 Oreos and finely chop them or add them in a food processor until they're crumbs or place in a ziplock bag and hit them with a rolling pin until they're crushed.
- Remove the pudding from the fridge and pour in your Oreos. Mix until combined.
- Add the cool whip and fold until evenly distributed. Pour into a cute serving dish and top with the last Oreo. You can crush it, crumble it or leave it whole! :)
- Refrigerate until ready to enjoy!
If you loved this treat for two, be sure to check these other super simple treats out!