(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
Brownie Sundae Cups are the perfect way to serve a sweet treat!
Brownies and ice cream. Is there a better combination than that? Visit just about any restaurant, and they are sure to have a variation of this dessert. Brownies might be a bit more like chocolate cake or lava cake or even a souffle, and always topped with ice cream. It’s usually served warm and quite delicious.
Recently, we were having friends over and I planned to make brownies topped with ice cream for dessert. I knew I wanted something utterly decadent so a good dark chocolate brownie would do the trick. Then I got to thinking…. “what if I make these brownies into cups?”
That way everyone has their own cute little cup, and it looks so much better than just a piece of brownie (nothing wrong with that, it is how we do it most often around here! haha). I figured it couldn’t be much harder to make brownie cups so I set out to make them.
These are incredibly simple!
You follow the recipe for your brownies as usual, but grease a muffin tin instead of a 9×13 pan. Pour the batter in and let them bake up (they’ll be ready much faster…also a win!). As soon as they’re out, while still hot, use the back of a spoon to press an indentation in the middle of it.
Let them cool down and they are ready to top with whatever you want! I used some vanilla ice cream, Smucker’s hot fudge and sprinkles. Cause duh. Sprinkles make everything better!
[recipe title=”Brownie Sundae Cups” servings=”16-18″ time=”45 minutes” ]
- Your favorite brownie batter (can be boxed, or check out my favorite here)
- Cooking spray
- Hot fudge sauce
- Follow brownie directions.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Pour batter evenly in pans.
- Cook according to packages, removing from oven about 5 minutes early.
- Immediately after taking them out, take a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop and create a deep indentation in the center. The walls of the brownie should climb up a bit. Allow them to cool in pan.
- Top with ice cream and your favorite toppings, like fudge and sprinkles.
Tip: You might need to press them a little more towards the end of cooling since the indentation tends to disappear a bit.