(Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through them, there is no extra cost to you. I simply make a small commission from the sale which allows me to keep this site up and running. Thank you for supporting To Eat, Drink & Be Married!).
Why is a Single Serving Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie perfect for me?
Ever since having Grace, I’ve noticed an increase in my chocolate intake. I was never a chocolate lover…but now? I can snack on that stuff all day long. Soon after she was born, I started making loads of chocolate chip cookies: specifically Joanna Gaines’ chocolate chip cookies from her Magnolia cookbook. Oh gosh you guys, so good. SO GOOD. The problem was, I was eating them all myself. No bueno, I know. So, I decided to come up with a single serving version of the cookie. It is just as indulgent as the originals I was eating by the handful, but I can only eat just one. That is the miracle of a Single Serving Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie…haha
I made this recipe, coincidentally, on National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day. Speaking of those national holidays…who decides when they happen? And why are there so many? Anyways, they’re fun and I kinda like them so it’s alright…
Anyway, this cookie really is simple to make. I don’t even mess with a bowl, I just grease the ramekin and do all the mixing in there. However, if you want the cookie to pop out of the ramekin, grease it and set it aside. Prep the batter in another bowl and then pour into the ramekin. I’m too lazy for that though. Just mix in the ramekin, bake and eat right out of it! It feels warm and cozy that way 😉
You can easily double this recipe if you want to make one bigger cookie to share! We’ve done that a few times around here 😉
If you make this cookie, be sure to tag me on Instagram @toeatdrinkandbemarried or #toeatdrinkandbemarried. I’d love to see and feature your recipe on my page 🙂
One heaping cup of cookie!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 10oz ramekin and set aside.
- Mix butter and both sugars in a small bowl. Add in vanilla and egg yolk, stirring until combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir and mix in chocolate chips. Transfer to ramekin and top with more chocolate chips if you’d like!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Top with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
- Category: dessert
Keywords: dessert, cookies, single serving
Looking for another delicious cookie recipe?