What’s the most festive treat, you ask? Hands down, Christmas Tree Brownies!
Christmas Tree brownies are the perfect holiday treat. I’m always looking for a cute Christmas treat to make for neighbors, doctors offices, family parties, Friday night small group or just at home with Grace.
Most of what I find on Pinterest are festive cookies. But Mikey isn’t really a cookie guy… except for these all time favorite brownie cookies. haha But he’s definitely a brownies guy!
I wanted to try my hand at something other than cookies for Christmas treats this year. I remembered some cute little trees I had made last year and thought I’d try to replicate them and take pictures this year to share with you all!
As complicated as they may look, these are seriously so easy! You can choose to use a boxed brownie mix or make your own homemade. I have a recipe for homemade brownies if you would like to try your hand at that.
This time I wanted something extra easy to make with Gracie so I went with a boxed Ghirardelli mix. I get mine at BJs in bulk and it is gone in no time. haha
How to make these cute little Christmas Treats
For these, I baked two bags of batter in a 13×9 inch pan to make them extra thick and chewy. I followed the directions exactly as the box said for ingredients and temperature.
I lined my tray with parchment paper and then greased that to make sure I could easily remove the brownies from the pan and they wouldn’t break.
My only change was slightly under-baking them so they wouldn’t get crunchy. They do need to hold up on their own though, so make sure not to under bake too much.
I’d suggest under baking by about 5 minutes, let them set and cool a bit. Remove the parchment from the pan and transfer the whole slab of brownie to a platter to fully cool (and try not to pick at it while you wait!).
Once they’ve cooled, cut into little triangles. I find the easiest way is cutting out rows of brownie first and then pretty much creating a zig zag effect to get the triangles.
Each row will have a little leftover piece that doesn’t add up to a triangle and that’s your reward now. Enjoy it. 😉
It’s a fairly simple process from here. Get creative!
Insert a candy cane piece at the wide part of the brownie and lay on a tray or plate.
Buy green vanilla flavored frosting or dye your own. You don’t even need a piping bag for this. Pour your frosting into a ziploc, cut the tip and squeeze out little stripes on the brownie.
Top with some sprinkles, mini M&M’s or any other favorite candy and you’re all done!
Get baking with the kiddos this season!
These are incredibly simple to make and beyond delicious. The chewy brownies with frosting taste like a classic lunchroom brownie and the toppings add an extra bit of fun.
Your kids and grandkids will LOVE these! So will you! They’re easy and a festive way to bring some Christmas cheer to the most magical time of the year!
If you make these, be sure to tag me on Instagram or use the hashtag #toeatdrinkandbemarried. I’d love to see!
Christmas Tree Brownies
- 2 boxes Ghirardelli Brownie Mix + ingredients for each
- 1 tub green frosting
- candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, prep both boxed mixes with the ingredients required. Pour into baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, keeping an eye on it to ensure it doesn't get too toasty. Check with a toothpick. If still wet inside, continue to bake, checking every 5 minutes until the center holds together and is clean when a toothpick is inserted.
- Allow to cool in pan. Once it is cool, flip onto a clean counter top or tray. Cut off the edges (enjoy those on your own!) and cut into triangles. The easiest way: cut into rows, then cut into triangles by making diagonal cuts. Super easy and mess free!
- Place a mini candy cane as a tree bark at the bottom of each tree (you might want to cut off the curved part). Pour your green frosting in a ziploc, cut the tip and make lines back and forth starting from the bottom all the way to the top to cover the brownie. Immediately top with sprinkles.
- If you can find star shaped sprinkles, add one to the top for an extra bit of fun!
- Place on a tray, package in a box and take to your favorite party! Enjoy. 🙂
I hope you enjoy these treats as much as our little family did! If you make them, be sure to share with me! I’d love to see your creations! 🙂
If you loved this recipe, be sure to try these: