Yep, you heard me! Snickerdoodle muffins. These are a pretty cool twist to the original snickerdoodle cookie if I do say so myself.
I have tried snickerdoodles of all kinds. Vegan cookies, regular cookies, cake form, etc. However, my absolute favorite are these muffins.
They are light and fluffy, full of that classic cinnamon sugar flavor and best of all? Made into mini muffin form. What’s better than a tiny, fluffy muffin? So cute!
I loooove a good cinnamon sugar combination. Cinnamon sugar Mexican chips? Yes, please (I also gotta mention, these baked cinnamon sugar chips are one of my top performing recipes on Pinterest… you might wanna try them. They’re addicting!)!
I also love a classic cinnamon sugar donut. I’m always torn between a chocolate glazed or old fashioned baked cinnamon sugar dusted. I obviously like the boring ones. Or let’s just say, I prefer to stick to the classics! hahaha
Anyways, back to this little coffee cake goodness…
If you like a little treat with your morning coffee, you have to try these. I guarantee you’ll love them.
It’s actually a pretty straightforward recipe. Just regular ol’ ingredients. No buttermilk or cream of tartar stuff in here! I mean, I love to have all those ingredients, but sometimes I just don’t use up all the buttermilk and it’s just wasteful!
These little treats are made up of some flour, butter, milk, cinnamon sugar. Simple ingredients doesn’t mean it tastes like a simple recipe. These are delish!
These pair perfectly with an afternoon coffee. Or maybe make them into a full size muffin form for breakfast on the go.
I love to make these to take to the doctor’s office whenever the kids have an appointment. Mini form ensures everyone gets one (or two) and they’re so cute!
Whatever way you make them and however you enjoy them, these are sure to be loved!
Flavor Adjustments and Add-ins:
If you like these to have a nutty taste, you have a few options! You can add about 4 tbsp of finely chopped pecans to the batter and stir it in. Or you could add a whole pecan on top of each muffin before baking.
Another option is to add 1/2 tsp. of almond extract. It gives it a deep, nutty flavor that enhances that coffee cake feel!
For another add-in, consider some chopped cranberries. They give them another hint of chewy, fruity sweetness and make them extra pretty!
If you make this recipe, please share it with me! I’d love to hear about it in the comments below! Or go ahead and send me a picture/tag me on Instagram. I’d loooove to see and share your cute little muffins!
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 and liberally grease a mini muffin tin.
- Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg for about 2-3 minutes. Add in the milk and stir until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix until it all comes together. Let batter stand for 5 minutes or so to thicken just a little bit.
- Scoop the batter into prepared tin with a 1 inch cookie scoop.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or so, or until they begin to turn golden on top and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in tin for about 10 minutes, then carefully remove and place on wire rack to fully cool.
- While cooling, melt the butter in a small bowl and set aside. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once muffins are cool, dip the tops in the butter, and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place back on the baking rack to let them set for a few minutes. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try out these yummy treats as well!